RFH: GPLv3

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 09:44:00 GMT 2007

Hi Krzysztof,

> I hope the COPYING or similar file will contain the licence text
> under which the code is distributed?

Actually the plan is to create a new file - COPYING_v3 - which will
contain the GPL version 3 and then change the copyright header in source
files over to say "version 3 (or later)" and have them refer the reader
to the COPYING_v3 file.  Files which remain under the GPL version 2 will
then not need to be changed to refer the reader to some file other than
COPYING.

Cheers
   Nick

PS.  I am also going to be creating a COPYING.LIB_v3 file, although I am
not sure if it will be needed just yet.