Writing to Subversion via Git

Ollie Wild aaw@google.com
Fri Jul 6 18:20:00 GMT 2007

On 7/3/07, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@codewiz.org> wrote:
> Ollie Wild wrote:
> > As an aside to the ongoing git repository discussion, I'm curious if
> > anyone has experimented with committing changes to the GCC repository
> > via git-svn's dcommit command.  I'm curious to know if it plays nicely
> > with GCC's svn commit machinery.
>
> It should.  git-svn is bidirectional.

My main concern is with whether or not git-svn preserves proper
formatting of change descriptions.  For instance, all the imported
changes have the tabs removed.  I know there are a number of scripts
which do things like update Bugzilla based on the descriptions.  I
just want to make sure git-svn won't break them and/or annoy the heck
out of other developers who are trying to view the logs via svn.

Ollie