Problem with std_expand_builtin_va_start on targets where sizetype and ptr_type_node don't have the same mode

Zack Weinberg zackw@panix.com
Fri Jul 6 15:44:00 GMT 2007

On 7/5/07, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org> wrote:
> > libstdc++'s bitmap_allocator.cc, because for some reason reload wants
> > a MODE_PARTIAL_INT mode with 64 bits.  There is no such mode, so
> > get_smallest_mode_for_size aborts.  I am attaching the .lreg and .greg
> > dumps to this message (compressed).
>
> Naively speaking, shouldn't it also look for MODE_INTs?  This might not
> be as easy as modifying genmodes if we want to do it in general, because
> for example we'd have PSI->SI->PDI->DI when iterating over
> MODE_PARTIAL_INT and SI->DI when iterating over MODE_INT.

I don't know if that makes sense or not, because I can't figure out
why reload wants a 64-bit MODE_PARTIAL_INT in the first place...

zw