Problem with std_expand_builtin_va_start on targets where sizetype and ptr_type_node don't have the same mode

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Jul 6 01:23:00 GMT 2007

"Zack Weinberg" <zackw@panix.com> writes:

[std_expand_builtin_va_start]

>   rtx va_r = expand_normal (valist);
>   emit_move_insn (va_r, nextarg);
>
> but this is a part of the compiler I am not at all familiar with...

I think you would want something more like
    rtx va_r = expand_expr (valist, NULL_RTX, VOIDmode, EXPAND_WRITE);
    convert_move (va_r, nextarg, 0);
but other than that I don't see why this would fail.  I think you
should give it a try.  Of course you would need to test it on a
backend which does not #define EXPAND_BUILTIN_VA_START; I think ARM is
the only primary platform for which that is true.

Ian