Decimal float and the Cygwin build of GFortran.

Joe Buck Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM
Thu Jul 5 16:06:00 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:00:40AM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
> >Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> >
> >>            ./configure --prefix=${prefix_dir} \
> >
> >According to the documentation you should not do this (build in the same
> >dir as the source.)
>
> This is just less tested, not unsupported.  If people report bugs
> related to "./configure" builds, we'll (I'll) be happy to fix them.

As a practical matter it is unsupported (because anytime anyone does it
and has a problem, we tell them "don't do that, build in a different
directory", we don't jump through hoops to diagnose and fix their issue).
But if you want to fix it, great.