read source input file
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Mon Jul 2 01:50:00 GMT 2007
dodegy <dodegy@upb.de> writes:
> I have a little question. I need to know where in the gcc source the
> functions for reading input source files are. I want to substitute this to
> use a fix string instead reading file.
Look at libcpp/files.c.
> Also the output must be written to a
> string.
That would be more difficult. The output is written in many different
places. Probably the only way to do with without a lot of hackery
would be to somehow invent a FILE which wrote to a string. Note that
gcc's output is just assembler code which is normally passed to the
assembler; what would you expect to do with that?
> Is it possible to compile a fix source string without a file system?
It's not possible with the sources as they stand, but it is probably
possible to do it without an excessive amount of work.
Ian
More information about the Gcc
mailing list