GCC 4.2.0 Status Report (2007-02-19)

Paolo Bonzini paolo.bonzini@lu.unisi.ch
Tue Feb 20 17:16:00 GMT 2007

> In term of ports, yes I am agree.  As the preformance even with last
> Paolo's patches (some changes could be applied to the mainline too, so
> it is not only about df), the branch compiler is still 8.7% slower for
> SPECint2000 compilation on 2.66Ghz Core2 with --enable-check=release.

Just to straighten things, only one patch (the one approved by Roger for
mainline) has been applied to dataflow branch.

Of the four patches I posted, the CSE patch could also go into mainline.

The combine patches (not yet applied to dataflow-branch even) give ~1%
in addition to that and Kenny has a patch to provide LUIDs for free to
all passes; that will probably give another 0.5-1%.

That said, I think it would not be bad to put 4.3 in stage3 mode until
dataflow branch is ready and, at that point, rebranch 4.2 and soon after
that merge dataflow branch.

Paolo