Some thoughts and quetsions about the data flow infrastracture

Richard Kenner kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu
Tue Feb 13 13:11:00 GMT 2007

> In general, I am agree with this.  I am just opposing to the strong
> words "not allowed".  I think it should be decided in each concrete case.

I agree that "not allowed" was a poor choice of words in a project
such as GCC and, although we, as a project, do tend to normally make
decisions one at a time, it's hard for me to see how there could be a
justifcation for a "private" dataflow structure, even if "better", but
one never knows ...