Inserting profiling function calls

GERIN Patrice patrice.gerin@imag.fr
Thu Feb 8 22:56:00 GMT 2007

> Would you for a start please
> explain what do you need to do that can't be done using existing arc and
> value profiling?

Sorry, my first mail was not clear about the goal.
Objectives are to follow the execution of function and basic block at
execution time.
To do this, we plan to insert function call, like mcount is inserted
at the function level for gprof but at the basic block level.
A user library linked with the application can then implement this
functions.

Thank you,
Patrice