memory benchmark of tuples branch

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 13:35:00 GMT 2006

Aldy Hernandez wrote on 10/26/06 10:40:

> As we have hoped, every single function exhibits memory savings.  Yay.

Nice!

> I don't know if this merits merging into mainline, or if it's preferable to
> keep plodding along and convert the rest of the tuples.  What do you guys
> think?  Either way, I have my work cut out for me, though I believe the
> hardest part is over (FLW).

My vote is to merge into mainline sooner rather than later.  However, it
is a big patch and affects just about every module in the compiler, so I
wouldn't want to barge in without getting some consensus first.

As for the rest of the conversion, I don't think there are many changes
left that are as invasive as this one.  Mostly global search and
replace, but it's been a few weeks since I looked at the code.

I'm hoping we can extend the rest of the changes into late Stage1 and
Stage2, but we can see about that as we go.