libgcc-math and the gcc 4.2 release
Mark Mitchell
mark@codesourcery.com
Wed May 17 17:55:00 GMT 2006
Richard Guenther wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following RMS request of removing source copies of other projects I
> asked him if he considers it ok to have copies of the generic math
> transcendentals routines of glibc in libgcc-math and to distribute
> them under GPL + libgcc exception clause license. He denied that
> request and so, after doing the emergency-removal of the wrongly
> licensed double parts from libgcc-math I am going to remove the float
> parts as well. This renders the SSE2 abi math functions support
> unusable, so I am going forward and remove the following middle-end
> patches as well:
Yes, that seems like the right plan, given RMS' decision.
> As we're far into stage3 now I propose to remove libgcc-math from the
> mainline again and re-instantiate it at the beginning of stage1 again.
Again, I think that's a good idea.
> Another option would be to remove the library only after branching
> for 4.2 and only on that branch.
I think it's better to remove it from mainline, just so that if there
are any build issues we catch them before we branch.
Thanks,
--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery
mark@codesourcery.com
(650) 331-3385 x713
More information about the Gcc
mailing list