GCC SC request about ecj
Tom Tromey
tromey@redhat.com
Wed May 17 01:57:00 GMT 2006
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:
Tom> Since I still think this is the best way forward, I started work on
Tom> it. I've got a prototype working here.
Tom> I'd like to commit it to a branch on gcc.gnu.org. But, I don't want
Tom> to offend the SC any more than I have to ;-). So, please also let me
Tom> know if this is unacceptable and if so, why. I suppose in the absence
Tom> of a response I'll just consider it a maintainer's prerogative and go
Tom> ahead.
Just to clarify a bit --
My current changes don't involve ecj to the tree. They are mostly
modifications to java/lang-specs.h and a few other related things.
IMO there's nothing legally questionable about this really, it is
analogous to a patch that adds support for a system 'ld' or the like.
Tom
More information about the Gcc
mailing list