[PATCH] fix PR/27516 install failure due to unconditional invocation of makeinfo

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop@aon.at
Sat May 13 16:47:00 GMT 2006


Hi,

Fixes PR/27516. makeinfo was executed unconditionally resulting in an
error during make install.
All other parts of the documentation do not treat a missing or old
makeinfo as hard error but continue withoug building info pages.

Tested on alphaev56-dec-osf5.1a where a makeinfo is installed but too
old, and on i686-linux-gnu with a sufficiently current makeinfo
installed.
Please apply.

2006-05-13  Bernhard Fischer  <aldot@gcc.gnu.org>

	PR/27516
	* Make-lang.in (doc/treelang.info): If configure says makeinfo
	is too old then do not build nor install Info documentation.

-------------- next part --------------
Index: gcc-4.2/gcc/treelang/Make-lang.in
===================================================================
--- gcc-4.2/gcc/treelang/Make-lang.in	(revision 113625)
+++ gcc-4.2/gcc/treelang/Make-lang.in	(working copy)
@@ -168,7 +168,10 @@
 	 gcc-vers.texi
 
 doc/treelang.info: $(TEXI_TREELANG_FILES)
-	$(MAKEINFO) $(MAKEINFOFLAGS) -I $(gcc_docdir)/include -o $@ $<
+	if [ x$(BUILD_INFO) = xinfo ]; then \
+		$(MAKEINFO) $(MAKEINFOFLAGS) -I $(gcc_docdir)/include \
+		-o $@ $< ; \
+	fi
 
 doc/treelang.dvi: $(TEXI_TREELANG_FILES)
 	$(TEXI2DVI) -I $(abs_docdir)/include -o $@ $<


More information about the Gcc mailing list