[boehms-gc] Performance results
Laurynas Biveinis
laurynas.biveinis@gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 13:29:00 GMT 2006
> > 4) I have configured Linux compilers with "--disable-checking". I was
> > quite surprised to see that GGC times have disappeared from the "-Q
> > -ftime-report -fmem-report" output. Is this expected by design
> > behaviour? What minimum configure options will cause GGC time to
> > reappear?
>
> Yes that is expected, because the default gc params with checking on
> are all the same across all targets and independent of the amount of
> memory in your machine. Now with checking turned off, you get the GC
> params based on your machine, how much memory is in it.
So does that mean that there is no way to get GGC debug output with
--disable-checking? Is there any very cheap --enable-checking option
that would be give that or am I better off to hack GCC to do it with
--disable-checking?
--
Laurynas
More information about the Gcc
mailing list