using threads with gcc on fedora (undefined reference to pthread_create)

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Wed Jul 19 14:49:00 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 02:49:18PM +0100, Abid Ghufran wrote:
> I am using thread in my application.
>
> When i try to compile the code, the gcc says that the "pthread_create"
> is an undefined reference. I have included the library pthread.h. Is
> there something else that i need to do.
>
> What options do I have to use when compiling my code?
> Is there any document on this?

This is a list for the developers of GCC.  You may get more help on the
gcc-help list.

It sounds like you didn't link with -lpthread.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery