What happend to bootstrap-lean? (was: What happened to bubblestrap?)

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Sat Jul 1 13:42:00 GMT 2006

Hi Paolo,

since we are approaching the GCC 4.2 release, I thought I'd point
out the question of bootstrap-lean again, which is still documented
and which I found rather useful in some settings.

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Yes.  "make bubblestrap" is now called simply "make".
> Okay, how is "make bootstrap-lean" called these days? ;-)
>
> In fact, bootstrap-lean is still documented in install.texi and
> makefile.texi, but it no longer seems to be present in the Makefile
> machinery.  Could we get this back?

Also, would you mind adding some notes to gcc-4.2/changes.html, as
far as changes are user visible?

Thanks,
Gerald