Problem with gfortran or did I messsed up GMP installation?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex@milivojevic.org
Wed Jan 25 19:09:00 GMT 2006


Quoting Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr>:

> Please make sure every bit of the hacked GMP has been wiped out on Solaris 9.
>
>> Should I file bug on bugzilla?
>
> Sure, if you can reproduce it after cleaning up the Solaris 9 machine.

To confirm things, I did following:

Install gcc 2.8.1 binary (from 
gnat-3.15p-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1-bin.tar.gz) into /gcc-test (empty 
directory).  I used this one, since I guess anybody starting from 
scratch (fresh clean system) would use a binary like this (and this one 
can also bootstrap Ada compiler if needed).  /usr/local on this system 
does not conatin any include or library files.

Place /gcc-test/bin first in my path and define LD_RUN_PATH:

  $ export PATH=/gcc-test/bin:$PATH
  $ hash -r
  $ export LD_RUN_PATH=/gcc-test/lib:/gcc-test/lib/sparcv9

Install binutils 2.16:

  $ ../configure  --prefix=/gcc-test --disable-nls \
    --enable-64-bit-bfd

Compile GMP 4.1.4:

  $ ../configure ABI=32 --prefix=/gcc-test --enable-mpfr

Bootstrap GCC 4.0.2 with c and f95:

  $ ../configure --prefix=/gcc-test --with-local-prefix=/gcc-test \
    --enable-languages=c,f95 --disable-nls \
    --with-as=/gcc-test/bin/as --with-ld=/gcc-test/bin/ld \
    --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld \
    --with-mpfr=/gcc-test --with-gmp=/gcc-test

Prior to compilation, I removed all sources (binutils, GMP, and GCC), 
and untarred them from original tar archives.  Would this be clean 
enough?  I don't see anything wrong in the way I created this test 
environment.  If there is something wrong, please let me know.

After doing all this, the problem is still there.  So I would say I can 
reproduce it.


----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.




More information about the Gcc mailing list