Command line options and pragmas

Robert Dewar dewar@adacore.com
Sat Jan 14 22:44:00 GMT 2006


DJ Delorie wrote:

>>Seems rather marginal to worry about this. Surely this is letting
>>best be the enemy of good.
>>    
>>
>
>I agree.  I was only noting the objections last time I suggested
>something like this.
>
>  
>
>>And as for it being a bug, that's just a matter of clear
>>documentation.
>>    
>>
>
>The problem was that you *can't* have clear documentation, because it
>often depends on how the optimizer mucks with the code.
>  
>
I guess I don't see this, whether the warning is issued might depend on 
this,
but I don't see that the suppression mechanism would be accpted.

>If was can accept docs that say "it mostly works like this, but
>sometimes it does other interesting things instead, and it might
>change from release to release", then the task becomes significantly
>easier.
>  
>




More information about the Gcc mailing list