powerpc-rtems fails to build on head

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Wed Jan 11 17:31:00 GMT 2006

David Edelsohn wrote:

> Joel> With code updated this morning, powerpc-rtems fails to build.  I am
> Joel> using binutils 2.16.1 with just a couple of patches.
>
> Joel> Is this a gcc or binutils error?  Is there a known fix?
>
> 	This is not a known problem.  There have been a lot of patches
> committed this morning.  You need to be more specific about the
> instruction producing the assembler error and the latest updates that you
> have merged in your tree.

SVN revision 109589.  I don't know precisely where before that it broke.
I built my native on 8 Jan.  The other RTEMS crosses built on 9 Jan but
I missed that the PowerPC didn't installed -- I was so excited to see
that Ada built I missed it. :)

I have cut it down to this command:

/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-powerpc-rtems4.7/./gcc/xgcc \
   -B/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-powerpc-rtems4.7/./gcc/ \
   -mrelocatable-lib -c j3.c

and the attached source file.  It appears to be this line in
__do_global_dtors_aux.

   static func_ptr *p = __DTOR_LIST__ + 1;

What else can I do to help narrow it down?

--joel