libstdc++ XPASS's on Darwin

Joe Buck Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM
Thu Aug 17 19:14:00 GMT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 08:51:04PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> ... just an obvious remark, then I leave the issue to the darwin
> maintainers, of course: if some, probably most, of those XPASS are
> because of a more recent release of the OS, and the previous ones are
> still widespread and supported, I'm not sure you really want to see
> FAILs on the latter...

Can the test framework distinguish based on the OS release?  Probably
not with sufficient granularity, I suppose.

It seems like we need something autoconf-like for the test suite: first
you run a test for missing OS features or known flaws, then you use that
to adjust your notion of which tests are expected to pass.