Gcc 4.1 has been failing SPEC CPU 2000 on 64bit platforms

Andrew Pinski pinskia@physics.uc.edu
Mon Sep 19 04:56:00 GMT 2005


On Sep 19, 2005, at 12:46 AM, H. J. Lu wrote:

> http://people.redhat.com/dnovillo/spec2000/
>
> shows that gcc 4.1 has been failing vortex in SPEC CPU 2000 on
> Linux/EM64T and Linux/PPC64 at least since Aug. 7, 2005. The current
> gcc 4.1 also failed vortex on Linux/ia64. Is that a known issue?

Yes this is an aliasing violation inside of the sources of vortex
see PR 23449.


Note 127.gcc has similar issues too but I don't know why nobody have
brought this up to SPEC.  I was trying to get Apple to do it a couple
of years ago and then trying to get SUSE to do it but I could never get
anyone with enough courage to propose my fix of using memset instead of
casting.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski



More information about the Gcc mailing list