Question regarding compiling a toolchain for a Broadcom SB1
Richard Sandiford
richard@codesourcery.com
Wed Sep 7 08:42:00 GMT 2005
Further to Eric's good advice:
Do you already have access to a mips64 version of glibc? (You said in
your message that you'd tried a native build, but I wasn't sure whether
that was using a 32-bit OS or a 64-bit OS)
It's tricky to build a toolchain and glibc in tandem (i.e. when neither
is available beforehand), and like Eric says, crosstool is probably the
best thing to use for that. (Although to be honest, I don't use crosstool
myself, so I'm not 100% sure whether it supports mips64 or not.)
On the other hand, if you already have access to a 64-bit glibc, you
should be able to build the toolchain in the same way as any other
version of gcc. So if you do have access to a 64-bit glibc: which
version(s) of gcc are you trying to build, and what errors do you get?
Richard
More information about the Gcc
mailing list