Grabbing Gomp (was: Is gcc optimized for thread level parallelism?)

Scott Robert Ladd scott.ladd@coyotegulch.com
Fri Oct 21 14:22:00 GMT 2005


Jim Wilson wrote:
> No, but we are working on OpenMP support, which is somewhat related. 
> This isn't automatic parallelization; it requires programmer 
> instrumentation via pragmas.  This is probably more directed at 
> multiprocessor machines than threads, but it is a start in the right 
> direction.  See
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/gomp/
> This is still in early stages of implementation.  Don't expect anything 
> to work yet.

Where is the gomp branch in terms of the SVN transition? Should I still 
grab it via CVS, or is it in the new SVN repository?

Congratulations the Gomp tema on their progress. I've been detained 
elsewhere by a variety of issues, and unable to follow Gomp since 
earlier this year, but I hope to get back into it when time permits in a 
few weeks.

-- 
Scott Robert Ladd <scott.ladd@coyotegulch.com>

Coyote Gulch Productions
http://www.coyotegulch.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list