A couple more subversion notes
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr
Thu Oct 20 09:03:00 GMT 2005
> > Well, I haven't tried it myself yet, so what I'm going by is hearsay but
> > I do share the concern that it's looking like this is a change that may
> > make the common things harder and slower in order to make the less common
> > operations faster and/or easier. If so, that may not be the right
> > tradeoff.
>
> I understand the concern, but let me assure you: I strongly believe that
> this is not true.
I've never created/managed branches or tagged anything in the GCC tree. The
important things to me are:
- time to do a complete check-out on mainline/branch
- time to do an update on mainline/branch
- time to do a diff on mainline/branch
- time to do a commit on mainline/branch
- space needed locally for mainline/branch
Could you give realistic estimates of the change cvs->svn for them in terms of
percentage or ratio?
And finally:
- portability of svn to non-Linux systems
Thanks in advance.
--
Eric Botcazou
More information about the Gcc
mailing list