Mainline bootstrap broken in varasm.c

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue May 10 01:49:00 GMT 2005


Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:03:23PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> 
>>Steve Kargl wrote:
>>
>>>I suspect the problem arose with this commit
>>>
>>>2005-05-08  Julian Brown  <julian@codesourcery.com>
>>>           H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>
>>>           Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>
>>
>>Probably; so, if you submit preprocessed source, etc., that will 
>>probably help.  I'm pretty sure that patch was bootstraped on 
>>x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, so it's probably something freebsd-ish.
>>
>>I can volunteer Julian to look into it, once you file a full report. :-)
>>
> 
> 
> Julian already sent my a patch, which did not fix the problem.
> Additionally, I think the patch that caused the problem
> was committed by Nathan.  Julian just happen to commit a 
> patch to varasm.c two commits after Nathan.
> 
> See PR bootstrap/21481.

OK, thanks.  I'm sure Nathan will look at it, come morning in the UK.

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304



More information about the Gcc mailing list