How is lang.opt processed?

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Fri Mar 11 19:22:00 GMT 2005


Steve Kargl wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:10:49PM -0800, James E Wilson wrote:

>>You can't choose any name for front-end options.  There are complicated 
>>rules for determining whether an option is for the gcc driver or 
>>preprocessor or front-end or back-end or assembler or linker or collect 
>>or something else.  If you deviate from these rules, you are asking for 
>>trouble.

> Jim,
> 
> Thanks for the detailed explanation of how
> GCC options work.  I'm currently thinking
> of proposing a RFC with recommendations on
> how to address this problem with gfortran.

Ditto.  Jim, are you reading from some documentation about this option 
processing that I couldn't find ?  I've spend hours and hours to try to 
deduce the option processing rules from debugging various parts of the 
gcc driver, with no success.

Thanks,


-- 
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG  Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/
News on GNU Fortran 95: http://gfortran.org/



More information about the Gcc mailing list