some compile problem about gcc-2.95.3

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Sun Jun 19 20:43:00 GMT 2005


Steven J. Hill kirjoitti:

> zouqiong wrote in 15.4.2005 10:16:
>
 > i download the release version of gcc-2.95.3, and binutils 2.15,
 > then i did the following things:
 > 1. mkdir binutils-build;
 > .../../binutils-2.15/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc
 > --target=mipsel-linux -v;
 > make;make install;
 >
 > 2.i copy the o32 lib, o32 include to the /opt/gcc/mipsel-linux/lib,
 > /opt/gcc/mipsel-linux/include,
 >
 > 3. mkdir gcc-build;
 > .../../gcc-2.95.3/configure --prefix=/opt/gcc --target=mipsel-linux
 > --enable-languages=c --disable-checking -enable-shared -v;
 >
>> i am surprised about it.

  I am surprised where this message lied since 15.4.2005 before appearing
now...

> You seem surprised, and I am terrified you are using a compiler that
> old. Please go look at:
> 
>    http://kegel.com/crosstool/
> 
> which automatically builds cross toolchains and even still has
> scripts to build your ancient (IMHO) combination.

... but much more I am surprised why anyone here could advice people,
who would like to get petrol to their old custom ancient cars, to get
gasoline and a modern fully standard car (but self-built from standard
parts) where to use that gasoline...



More information about the Gcc mailing list