Proposed obsoletions

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Jun 6 14:43:00 GMT 2005


Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> I seem to remember asking about this some years ago, and finding out
> that its existence was not documented anywhere public, which it still
> isn't.  It's also odd that a VxWorks simulation environment is
> sufficiently different from VxWorks that it needs a different configuration.

It's not a VxWorks simulation environment; it's a Wind River simulation 
environment.  It's an instruction set simulator, with some additional 
capabilities.

>>WindISS is a Wind River simulation environment (including C library),
>>and is still available; Wind River ships WindISS with some of its
>>development platforms.
> 
> OK.  :-)  Your job to keep it running.  Care to list yourself in
> MAINTAINERS?

I think I personally would be a suboptimal choice, though better than 
nothing.  But, yes, someone or someones at CodeSourcery would definitely 
be a good choice.  Dan Jacobowitz and/or Nathan Sidwell and/or Phil 
Edwards would be good choices.

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304



More information about the Gcc mailing list