Killing fixproto (possible target obsoletion)

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Mon Jun 6 14:09:00 GMT 2005


E. Weddington wrote:
> Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> 
>> Propose to stop using fixproto immediately:
>>
>> avr-*-*
>>  
>>
> 
> I'm not even sure exactly what fixproto is supposed to do, but I 
> *highly* doubt that it is needed for the AVR target. The AVR target is 
> an embedded processor that uses it's own C library, avr-libc:
> <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc/>
> So there aren't any "old system headers" around. The RTEMS target for 
> the AVR *may* use newlib, but I don't what the status of that is. Ralf 
> or Joel would have to chime in on this aspect.
> The AVR target no longer uses fixincludes anyway. If there are any 
> problems with the headers, we should be able fix them directly in avr-libc.

Ralf is on vacation for a few weeks.

avr-rtems is using newlib.  *-rtems uses newlib so I assume it would not
need anything adjusted.

> HTH
> Eric


-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985



More information about the Gcc mailing list