template_decl's

Stefan Strasser sstrasser@systemhaus-gruppe.de
Sat Jan 29 23:20:00 GMT 2005


sorry for using the list as a helpdesk, but I can't figure this out 
myself, so maybe someone finds the time to help me on this:

given this code:
template<typename OUTER> struct Outer{
	template<typename INNER> struct Inner{};
};
A<int>::Inner<double> var;

there are 2 template_decl nodes for "Inner", one in scope 
"Outer<OUTER>", and one in "Outer<int>".
the type of the template_decl in "Outer<int>" is only a declaration, no 
definition, and has no instantiations etc.

I need the general template decl of "var", but the type of var is the 
type of the declaration template_decl in "Outer<int>".
so how do you get the general one, not the one instantiated by Outer?

TI_TEMPLATE of the type brings you back to the instantiated one.
the only "link" I can see in pretty prints is from the field lists of Outer.

Thanks for your help,

-- 
Stefan Strasser



More information about the Gcc mailing list