PR 7013 [IA64] redeclaring volatile objects forces them always into long data
Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com
Tue Jan 25 18:23:00 GMT 2005
What is the process for closing a PR where no patch is needed? I am
loooking at PR 7013 and I cannot reproduce the problem on any IA64 GCC
compiler I have. Using the test program from the PR:
extern volatile int vi;
volatile int vi = -1;
with GCC 3.3 I get:
.file "v.c"
.pred.safe_across_calls p1-p5,p16-p63
.global vi#
.section .sdata,"aw",@progbits
.align 4
.type vi#, @object
.size vi#, 4
vi:
data4 -1
.ident "GCC: (GNU) 3.3"
Which shows that vi is in sdata, not data. The 3.4 GCC and ToT GCC show
the same results. I sent some email to Dara Hazeghi who supposedly
confirmed it but I got no reply.
I think this PR should be closed but I don't know how to get that done.
Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com
More information about the Gcc
mailing list