a question about fix-header.c
Zack Weinberg
zack@codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 20 20:17:00 GMT 2005
Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> Anything in glibc's headers (SuS, roughly) can and should be handled
>> with builtins. Outside the domain of standards, I think it should be
>> left to users to update their headers as appropriate.
>
> Right, but again, this reqiures more than just a builtin.
> If the user wants to attribute their program headers (IE this
> attribute is uesful for user written functions), we have to provide
> them an attribute to do it :)
I never said you shouldn't expose __attribute__ notation for the
property, I just think you'll have an easier time if you don't try to
use fixincludes to apply the property when it can be done with
builtins.
zw
More information about the Gcc
mailing list