Gcc certification

Robert Dewar dewar@adacore.com
Thu Jan 20 00:23:00 GMT 2005


  jf wrote:

> Hi,
> I often use gcc at work but some times it can't be used because it 
> lacks some certification (even if it works very well).
> Is there any plan to certify gcc ?

This makes no sense, what kind of certification are you talking about?
>
> I know that wind river use gcc as a basis for their developpement 
> suite for works, didn't they certified their work ? is this work 
> avaible ?

GCC has been used for many life-critical systems, certified
to level A of DO-178B. Such certification does not require that
the compiler itself be certified to this standard (a good thing,
since it is impractical to do such certification, and no real
life compilers are thus certified.
>
> I'm interested by any comments about this subject

Look up previous threads on this subject.



More information about the Gcc mailing list