Version 3.4.3: ix86-linux -> powerpc-aix4.2 Cross-Compiler

Scott Dudley scott@telesoft.com
Wed Jan 19 19:49:00 GMT 2005



David Edelsohn wrote:

>>>>>>Scott Dudley writes:
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>
>Scott> // a.c
>Scott> void main(void) {}
>
>Scott> Works:
>
>Scott> $ /usr/local/cross-tools/powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0/bin/gcc -Wall -c a.c
>Scott> a.c:1: warning: return type of 'main' is not `int'
>
>	main() should return int, not void.
>  
>
I know... it was intended only to serve as a compilation/link test.

>Scott> Fails:
>
>Scott> $ /usr/local/cross-tools/powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0/bin/gcc -Wall a.c
>
>	Something is incompatible between the installed Binutils and the
>installed libraries.  All of the errors are due to libc.  I would use the
>crosstools (.../powerpc-ibm-aix4.2.1.0/bin/nm) and look at the installed
>target libc.a.  Either nm is broken or libc.a is corrupted or nm is not
>looking at the correct libc.a.
>  
>
That's it David.  On this AIX system, libc.a is an archive and not a 
shared library.  Why then is nm attempting to examine the file?  Did I 
fail to use a particular flag when building binutils?

Thanks.

>David
>
>  
>

-- 

Regards,

Scott Dudley



More information about the Gcc mailing list