SPE configuration in GCC

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Jan 17 20:18:00 GMT 2005


David Edelsohn wrote:
>>>>>>Mark Mitchell writes:
> 
> 
> Mark> As a secondary issue, it would be nice to have a GCC-wide policy about 
> Mark> whether "target-elf" should support all variants of a chip, or just 
> Mark> some.  Based on my knowledge of users, I'd suggest that it should 
> Mark> support all variants.
> 
> 	No objection.

Any thoughts from the broader community?

> Mark> As another secondary issue, I consider it a bug in the PowerPC back end 
> Mark> that command-line options (like -misel) are silently ignored in the 
> Mark> default configuration.  If you agree, I can file a PR about that.
> 
> 	Okay.  I think this has to do with the SPE options having been
> placed in rs6000.h TARGET_OPTIONS instead of SUBTARGET_OPTIONS.

Filed (with your suggestion for a possible fix) as 19490.

Thanks,

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304



More information about the Gcc mailing list