I think I understood what You want.(Was:Re: New logo gone vectorised. (SVG format))

Vladius boxforsr@inbox.ru
Wed Jan 12 23:11:00 GMT 2005



Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:

>Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>  
>
>>The hypothetical new logo should represent the compiler.  It should
>>ideally represent what the compiler does, and what it aspires to do,
>>albeit perhaps in highly symbolized form.  It should be recognizable,
>>look good in several different sizes on computer screens, look good in
>>black and white, look good on a T-shirt or a book cover.  It should
>>inspire people and give them confidence.  It should feed the hungry
>>and create world peace.  It should be only 1K.  That is what I would
>>like to see in a logo.
>>    
>>
>
>Anyone interested in designing a logo for an open source, community
>project should check out what Boost is doing right now.  They are
>replacing their old, fairly unrecognizable logo with a new one, and
>recently theres been tons of discussion on what the new one should be:
><http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostLogo>.
>
>The Boost mailing list archives contain all sorts of very useful
>information for anyone interested in creating a successful logo (search
>for logo).  Besides some very valuable informations, theres a whole lot
>of nonsense, and a whole lot of excellent examples of why most
>organizations don't let computer scientists and engineers design logos
>in the first place.
>
>Aaron W. LaFramboise
>  
>
    Ough, that what You've meant. I think I can do like that easily. 
Here. A small logo of GCC. The process of  turning abstract thoughts 
into sctrict machine code is shown. I can make more if someone would 
like me to.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gcc1.png
Type: image/png
Size: 5940 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20050112/8e810f56/attachment.png>


More information about the Gcc mailing list