Varasm.c change.
Toon Moene
toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Mon Jan 10 23:42:00 GMT 2005
I wrote:
> Is this one:
>
> 2005-01-10 Jan Beulich <jbeulich@novell.com>
>
> ...
> * varasm.c (default_section_type_flags_1): Also set SECTION_SMALL
> based on the section name. Rearrange the section name comparison logic
> slightly so that each section name is compared against at most once.
>
> responsible for this problem (on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu):
>
> stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/snp/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -g
> -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-prototypes -fno-common -Wno-error -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild -I../../gcc/gcc -I../../gcc/gcc/build
> -I../../gcc/gcc/../include -I../../gcc/gcc/../libcpp/include \
> -o build/gengtype-lex.o gengtype-lex.c
> gengtype-lex.c:3367: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_lineno'
> gengtype-lex.c:3376: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_in'
> gengtype-lex.c:3384: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_out'
> gengtype-lex.c:3392: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_leng'
> gengtype-lex.c:3401: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_text'
> gengtype-lex.c:3410: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyset_lineno'
> gengtype-lex.c:3422: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyset_in'
> gengtype-lex.c:3427: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyset_out'
> gengtype-lex.c:3432: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyget_debug'
> gengtype-lex.c:3437: warning: no previous prototype for 'yyset_debug'
> gengtype-lex.c:3443: warning: no previous prototype for 'yylex_destroy'
> /tmp/ccfHJpOu.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccfHJpOu.s:18: Fatal error: Bad .section directive: want
> a,e,w,x,M,S,G,T in string
>
> ?
[ Beware, the answer might not be the obvious ]
But unfortunately, it is. After reverting the varasm change from the
patch, I was able to get past the problem spot, caused by a
.section .sdata, "aws"
statement. The powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu GAS apparently doesn't like
the "s" in the section attributes (this is
as --version
GNU assembler 2.15
Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
so it is pretty old - Debian testing as of last weekend).
In short, Jan Beulich's update to varasm.c is probably correct, so I
only reverted it locally.
--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/
More information about the Gcc
mailing list