New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotype version 1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

Joe Buck Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM
Mon Jan 10 20:36:00 GMT 2005


On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:15:27PM +0300, Vladius wrote:
> Luca Benini wrote:
> 
> > Vladius wrote:
> >
> >>    You see, Rob. Source chewing is allright but logo should represent 
> >> the idea at lower resolutions too. If I draw a source code in his 
> >> mouth it may look OK in the highest resolution, but if You zoom 
> >> everything out, it will turn into meaningless piece of paper.
> >>
> >
> > Something like Gcc up the head and "Free your code" down?
> 
> Is it official GCC phrase - "Free your code"? If not then this is a bad 
> idea, I must say. Some people(like me) use GCC to compile commercial 
> closed-source projects.

Using the phrase in connection with GCC could contribute to the mistaken
impression that use of GCC requires the GPL to be applied to the output
object code.




More information about the Gcc mailing list