Bootstrap failure on Linux/x86-64 in Ada
Arnaud Charlet
charlet@adacore.com
Tue Dec 20 15:51:00 GMT 2005
[thanks for the general info on what minimal-toc is about, I should
have mentioned I am familiar with the general issue and with this option]
> When Ada builds on AIX, libada contains a very large number of TOC
> entries. Even the smallest, simplest executable overflows because the
> entire TOC is consumed by libada.
That on ther other hand I would like to better understand, since that's
clearly news to me.
Do you have more details ? A PR reference maybe ?
> When the data section patch is merged into GCC, this may not be
> necessary, so maybe we should just declare GNU Ada unusable on AIX until
> that patch is committed.
Or less drastically, document in install.texi that GNATLIBCFLAGS needs
to include -mminimal-toc on AIX.
Arno
More information about the Gcc
mailing list