Torbjorn's ieeelib.c
Mark Mitchell
mark@codesourcery.com
Thu Dec 1 15:57:00 GMT 2005
Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> There was a thread discussing all this, when I was interested in doing
> the work. I mailed rms directly, and he said it was ok to use the
> glibc bits in gcc regardless of the LGPL/GPL disparity.
Do you happen to have a pointer, or a copy of that message? If that
route ends up making the most sense, then it would be nice to have our
ducks in a row.
As for the 16-bit issue, I don't think that's necessarily an
all-or-nothing switch; the most likely route of progress would be to add
ieeelib.c/glibc soft-fp and then gradually migrate targets that wanted
to migrate.
Joseph is comparing the two alternatives with fp-bit.c, and I'd expect
he'll have an opinion about which is best.
--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304
More information about the Gcc
mailing list