FW: what happened to service routines like getarg, iargc, ... in gfortran

James E Wilson wilson@specifix.com
Thu Aug 4 03:00:00 GMT 2005


Winfrid.Tschiedel@fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:
> Recently I tried to install mpich-1.2.7 with gfortran (gcc-4.0.1) on a fedora core 4 (x86_64) :
> The configure for mpich fails for fortran, because getarg and iargc are missing.
> Now my question, g77 supported a lot of commonly used service routines, which are now missing or at least I did not find how I can migrate my old programs to gfortran.

There is a meta bug tracking g77 features missing in gfortran.  This is 
PR 19292
     http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=19292
This contains a list of missing service routines.

The getarg/iargc problem in particular is PR 15665.
     http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=15665
This PR was fixed last year, and the patches fixing it are in gcc-4.0.1.

It isn't clear why you are having a problem.  You could maybe check that 
the configure script is correctly linking with the libgfortran library.
-- 
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list