GCC 4.0 RC2

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Tue Apr 12 19:32:00 GMT 2005


I know I asked late in the process but this fix for a m68k/coldfire 
failure just showed up:

[Bug target/18421] ICE in reload_cse_simplify_operands, at postreload.c:391

Any chance at it getting considered?

Thanks.

--joel

Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Sadly, it's become clear there's going to have to be a second release 
> candidate.  In particular, there are some wrong-code bugs that are 
> popping up on real packages on primary platforms.  Jason Merill is 
> looking into some of the C++ issues, but he's in Lillehammer this week 
> for the ISO meeting.
> 
> Therefore, I'm going to allow some of the queued patches into 4.0 at 
> this time.  If your patch isn't on this list, but is here:
> 
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Last-Minute%20Requests%20for%204.0.0
> 
> I'm still considering it.  I'll let you know if I've firmly decided that 
> your patch will not be in RC2.
> 
> I don't have a date for RC2 yet; that will depend in part on when Jason 
> is able to fix the C++ issues.  However, I would certainly hope that we 
> could get it done shortly.
> 
> Here are the patches approved thus far for RC2:
> 
>     * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01108.html
> 
>       Patch to fix __builtin_apply_args on SPARC (specific).
> 
>     * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01036.html
> 
>       GLIBC does not compile on S390.
> 
>     * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01015.html
> 
>       Fortran fix.
> 
>     * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2005-q2/msg00088.html
> 
>       Java library patch.
> 
> Thanks,
> 


-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985



More information about the Gcc mailing list