problem creating a static library

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Thu Sep 30 20:40:00 GMT 2004


On Sep 30, 2004, at 3:56 AM, Danilo José wrote:
>    It is happening something really strange.

Ah, I don't know why you didn't include that information in the first 
place, I could have told you exactly what happened and why.

In the .s file for the file contains the definition ('S'), you will 
find the word notoc, or no_toc, this is a bug.  If that is removed, 
this will work as expected.  The work around, is to not use a .a file, 
or to put a symbol in that file that is referenced by something that is 
in the program.[1]

1 - This depends upon the symbol names being the same between the 
undefined and the defined, after you remove c++filt.  It has been known 
to happen that two differrent spellings are mapped to the same 
demangled name, thus leading to confusion.  I doubt this would be the 
case in this instance.



More information about the Gcc mailing list