Bootstrap difficulties on powerpc-apple-darwin6.8 (Mac OS X 10.2.8)

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Tue Sep 28 09:14:00 GMT 2004


Tom Tromey wrote:

> Just to clear up any vagueness that might linger: after adding the
> patch to Makefile.am, did you re-run automake?  And if so did it then
> fail in the same way (command line too long)?  It wasn't clear to me.

autoreconf, but same thing. The original patch failed because -objectlist 
does not like to see .la's, only .lo's. With the slightly modified version I 
posted the libtool line became just a few lines long rather than 80Kb.

> 
> I'll test this patch here too, I'll probably add it back as it seems
> like the only reasonable way to address PR 17222.

Cool, thanks.

> Yeah, we define our own sqrt() (from fdlibm).  I'm amenable to
> renaming it if that is needed on your platform, if you want to write a
> patch.  Usually we just slap a "_Jv_" prefix on things and add a
> comment explaining why.

It is not a failure, just a warning, but it seemed a little strange to be 
redifining sqrt. I might have a look, but probably not :)

Thanks,
Peter
-- 
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com



More information about the Gcc mailing list