Difference between {expand,fold,simplify}_builtin_foo ???

Eric Christopher echristo@redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 06:04:00 GMT 2004


On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:38, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
>  > I've got a patch in the works that removes most of the simplify_*
>  > routines. Some of them I've uh... folded... into fold_* and others
>  > I'm doing what you said here. :)
>  > I'll probably get back to it later today :)
>  > -eric
> 
> Great!  I'd be happy to help, but to avoid stomping on the same code
> I'll avoid doing anything until I see what your patch catches.

The attached patch, sans ChangeLog, bootstraps ok on x86-linux.

Since it's not a straight rename I'll run it through a test. I needed to
change and eliminate simplify/fold_builtin_va_start since it's only use
was as a warning mechanism and it can do that just fine in the expand
function - where we redid half the warnings anyhow. Unfortunately it
doesn't seem to change the special casing in gimplify.c where we have
BUILT_IN_VA_START called out, at least I don't think so :)

I'll run it through some testing tonight and submit it with a ChangeLog
tomorrow.

-eric

-- 
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: simplify.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 15088 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20040922/f4f06748/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc mailing list