Samsung CalmRISC16 support
Richard Earnshaw
rearnsha@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Sep 17 14:10:00 GMT 2004
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 14:25, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 13:51, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > > On Sep 17, 2004 02:37 PM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > > > Please consider incorporating the CalmRISC support to the current GCC.
> > >
> > > That would be up to someone who wants to contribute the port and
> > > take responsibility for maintaining it.
> >
> > And it's original authors have to be prepared to assign the copyright...
>
> No, that would be RedHat, as the Copyright holder, unless they already
> assigned the Copyright to the FSF. I did the CalmRISC16 port as a RedHat
> employee.
Indeed. I should probably have used the word 'owner'.
I'd be surprised if RedHat would have a problem with such an assignment,
but it may depend on the nature of the contract that was undertaken to
do the work.
R.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list