Unix Signals as OS Exceptions in C++

Andrew Pinski pinskia@physics.uc.edu
Sun Sep 12 19:46:00 GMT 2004


On Sep 12, 2004, at 7:59 AM, Luca Saiu wrote:

>   [not completely related]
>
> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> It already works fine; just call throw from your signal handler.  This
>> programs works as expected on i386 GNU/Linux if you type ^C during the
>> sleep.
>
>   On my machines the exception is regularly thrown in the signal 
> handler, but it can't be caught by catch, not even by catch(...); the 
> program aborts. This happens on all my machines (GNU/Linux PowerPC and 
> x86), with all the GCC versions I have installed (from 2.95 to 3.4.2).
>   No twiddling helped, as far as I tried.
>
>   This seems a bug. Should I file a PR? Is it only me to see that?

If you are not using -fnon-call-exceptions then GCC will not know
that a non call can throw.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski



More information about the Gcc mailing list