Why don't we set up an official wiki for GCC documentation?

Gerald Pfeifer gerald@pfeifer.com
Sat Sep 11 21:27:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> In other words, it's for us.  I don't believe we need the same level of
> review for this type of documentation, and i don't think bookmarking emails
> is an ideal solution for anyone (Hands up, who bookmarked the link to mark's
> 3.5 status message in the archives?)

That one's not a good example: we (should) have links to the latest
status message for every branch on our gcc.gnu.org main page (and do
most of the time).

> There are also things that could be easier kept up to date if they were
> in wiki, and one could just easily, and naturally, edit them.
> The list of branches and projects come to mind.  Submitting HTML patches
> for those is kind of annoying [...]

For branches, and to some extent projects, I'd disagree: just consider
the feedback we often get for patches to these sent via gcc-patches.

Gerald