Ada mainline

Laurent GUERBY laurent@guerby.net
Fri Sep 10 11:27:00 GMT 2004


On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 07:09, Robert Dewar wrote:
> Richard Henderson wrote:
> 
> > No, you have to go back to 3.3.  No 3.4 version has worked
> > for me for *any* target.
> 
> That's strange, to be investigated ...

It has been investigated, I submitted in a hurry one "kludge" patch
for 3.4.2 (I did not know about the problem until the days before the
release as I've been using 3.3 to bootstrap) but unfortunately it broke
parallel build on all platforms, I suggested a change to the patch to
solve this problem, but Arnaud refused it on stylistic grounds without
proposing an alternative to my knowledge.

FSF GCC 3.4.0, 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 are unable to recompile
themselves once installed on x86_64 and other 64 bits target 
(and if IIRC mainline too), which is quite bad.

Laurent



More information about the Gcc mailing list