New Port Suggestion
Sam Lauber
sam124@operamail.com
Sun Oct 31 07:10:00 GMT 2004
I have an idea for a Windows port of GCC that is acturally NATIVE and dosen't require GNU binutils. The arch would be "i?86-microsoft-windows32". The compiler would generate code for the Microsoft Assembler (MASM.EXE) and link MASM's object files with the Microsoft Incremental Linker (LINK.EXE). I've used that assembler and found that most "regular" x86 code will work with it by prepending this:
.486
.model flat, stdcall
option casemap :none
include \masm32\include\windows.inc
include \masm32\include\masm32.inc
include \masm32\include\gdi32.inc
include \masm32\include\user32.inc
include \masm32\include\kernel32.inc
include \masm32\include\Comctl32.inc
include \masm32\include\comdlg32.inc
include \masm32\include\shell32.inc
include \masm32\include\oleaut32.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\masm32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\gdi32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\user32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\Comctl32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\comdlg32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\shell32.lib
includelib \masm32\lib\oleaut32.lib
.data
.code
start:
As far as I'm concerned, adding
Call main
end start
will do the trick. But all routines (I think that's what there called) must have "end routinename" under them. To use the x86 FPU instructions this will have to be added:
include \masm32\include\fpu.inc
includelib \masm32\lib\fpu.lib
That's all the information I can offer for that possible port. The executables needed could nibbled from bin/LINK.EXE and bin/ML.EXE. I thing an experimental port should be added.
Samue; Lauber
--
_____________________________________________________________
Web-based SMS services available at http://www.operamail.com.
From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.
Powered by Outblaze
More information about the Gcc
mailing list